There are many ways to improve the look and feel of your home to speed up the sale. Is it worth the cost to hire a professional to stage the home you want to sell? The results from a study done by the Real Estate Staging Association says yes. Here are just a few of the suggestions:
1. Evaluate. Have an interior decorator familiar with Real Estate or professional organizer walk through your home to evaluate what needs to be updated, repaired or removed.
2. Repair. Patch damaged walls; Replace cracked floor tiles; Oil squeaky doors; Fix leaky faucets; Replace broken windows and screens.
3. Brighten. Take down heavy window treatments that block light; Wash all windows; Increase the wattage of light bulbs.
4. Paint. Neutral colors are best.
5. Update. Replace cabinet knobs and pulls; Update lighting fixtures; Update blinds.
6. Organize. Pantry; Closets; Basement; Garage and shed.
7. Clean. Inside and out – including patio furniture.
8. Reduce clutter. Reduce the amount of furniture in each room.
9. Prune and Landscape. Remove dead plants; Prune or replace overgrown shrubs; Add fresh mulch to beds.
10. Stage outside. Make sure front porch/entryway is clean and inviting; Use outdoor furniture to create inviting spaces.
For more information on getting your home ready for sale, contact me today.